The city of Brampton has seen growth in all directions for a long time now. New things are always popping up, and with a growing community, there’s a lot going on! In fact, if you were to go through the entire social calendar for the city, there are well over 100 different events happening this year. The upcoming months are packed full with different events for professional growth, families, music lovers, and pretty much everyone else! Here’s a look at some of the highlights happening this spring.
Image via The City of Brampton on Facebook
- Earth Hour – March 25th
- The City of Brampton has been participating in Earth Hour since 2008. Join the movement, unplug, and turn your lights off at 8:30pm on Saturday March 25th!
- Evening of Laughs – April 5th
- Sit back and laugh while Evan Carter and Judy Croon perform. This charity event will offer appetizers and a cash bar, with all money raised going towards the dialysis unit at the Brampton Civic Hospital.
- Laila Biali – April 18th
- Catch award-winning Canadian songwriter and pianist Laila Biali at the Rose Theatre for a night of pop, rock, classical, world, and jazz.
- Fred Penner – April 19th
- Don’t miss an evening of family entertainment from the two-time Juno winning Fred Penner!
- Earth Day Tree Planting – April 22nd
- Join in the Earth Day fun at Teramoto Park and celebrate with tree planting, family-friendly games, and a free BBQ!
- Evening with Moe Berg, Chris Murphy, Craig Northey & Steven Page – April 28th
- Take part in a completely unique musical experience with the front men of some of Canada’s most popular and successful bands as they play each other’s songs for a night of good tunes.
- Rick Mercer’s Canada: Coast to Coast to Coast – May 5th
- Spend an evening with one of Canada’s most beloved personalities while he gives you all kinds of reasons to appreciate the nation we call home.
- Rock the Rose – May 11th
- The Rose Theatre and all its guests are in for a night of good old fashioned rock and roll with amazing music from both a Beatles and Michael Jackson tribute band taking the stage!
- 2017 Brampton Mandarin MS Walk – May 7th
- With Canada having the highest rate of MS in the world, it is more than a worthwhile cause to contribute to. Take part in Brampton’s annual event and join in the country’s effort to help Canadians affected by MS. It’s a great day to support and celebrate the community while also making a difference!
- Country Dinner and Dance – May 27th
- This night of dinner, dancing, and live music is all done to raise funds for local community projects. Bust some moves, buy some raffle tickets, all in support of the community you call home!
To make sure your social calendar is planned right check out this full list of all events running this season in the City of Brampton.