Let’s be honest. You don’t need much of a reason to go to the theatre beyond the fact that it’s a great time. Not only is it a great excuse to get out of the house one night (whether it’s with friends or family), but it opens you up to new experiences and perspectives. With summer behind us, we have the cozy fall months to look forward to. Rather than curling up under a blanket at home, we think you should find a show you’re excited about, and instead spend a cozy night at the theatre enjoying an evening of entertainment. Here are some shows that are coming up in Brampton and Whitby this fall.
Image via whitbytheatre.org
Mambo Italiano – Whitby Courthouse Theatre, Whitby
- November 9-11, 16-18, 23-25
- Mambo Italiano takes an intimate look at a complicated family dynamic within a very traditional Italian family. It’s the perfect mix of drama and comedy!
Crack Me Up Comedy – Rose Studio Theatre, Brampton
- October 7
- Spend an intimate night watching hilarious stand-up comedy, at Crack Me Up Comedy where local comedians will get a chance to try their newest material on you!
Image via Brampton.ca
Brampton Music Theatre’s Hairspray – Rose Theatre, Brampton
- November 9-11, 16-18
- Catch one of the most popular musicals, Hairspray! The show brings its quirky 50’s charm, songs, and crazy ‘dos to Brampton’s Rose Theatre!
Cinderella – Lester B. Pearson Theatre, Brampton
- November 23
- Take the whole family to see the classic rags to riches tale of Cinderella! Guests of all ages will enjoy the tale of princes, magical pumpkins, and a very special glass slipper.
A Passage to Bollywood – Rose Theatre, Brampton
- November 23
- A Passage to Bollywood will provide guests with a new cultural experience. This vibrant musical with beautiful music and dancing blends classic and contemporary songs from the Indian Bollywood culture.